Saturday, July 21, 2012

Simple Box made with Simply Scored


This is just a simple box I made a couple of weeks ago for a card and small gift I had made for a friend.  When my cards have too much dimension for an envelope or I made an odd shaped gift  love to just make my own box to fit them...this box is fairly shallow at only 3/4" for example.

AND Connie Stewart showed me how to make a shim for my simply scored from Stampin Up that makes box making even easier...because once you have your shim all you have to do to make your top to your box is the exact things you did with your bottom but insert your shim on your simply scored and Voila!:)

I thought I would also post a link to Connie's you tube video showing how to make the simply scored box making shim in case any of you were interested.

As for decorating this box...again I used the builder wheels from page 108 of the new catalog (violas lace is probably my favourite:)  I used Papillon Potpouri and the butterfly punch for the butterflies.  I used the tag punches for the tag and I stamped it with an image from Trust God.  The bow is just a simple paper bow using some card stock...easy peasy:)

No comments: